pcm replaced now hydrolocked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

fattywaters

Reaction score
I think I'm going to give up on ol bessie... the shop is just giving me the run around... and I'm running out of money to give them to just have them throw parts at it...

mc0311grunt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Get a tuner and get rid of the pats. I tuned mine out. Trust me pats wont stop a theif

Mispelling brought to you by my fat fingers

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I doubt that just simply turning off PATS is going to bypass an electrical problem. To me it is just a portion of software input being ignored. The physical problem should/would continue to fry the pcm.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

fattywaters

Reaction score
finally got it back yesterday... after several months in the shop. the PATS module was bad, got it swapped out and fired right up.

Now... got it home and as I was pulling it in the driveway the oil pressure bottomed out and it is still full of oil... I think I'm about to just call it quits with the beast...

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All the gauges are electronic and prone to failure. If possible verify oil pressure with a mechanical gauge.
When engines are starved for oil you will hear a difference in the sound it produces. The valve train will usually be the first to make a racket. If your not hearing any difference in the sound then first test the oil pressure sensor/sender.

OP
OP
F

fattywaters

Reaction score
there is definitely a noise coming from the valve train, just checked everything out and I have a clogged pick up tube... not as bad as I had originally thought... checked for scoring in my bottom end and I think it is all good. Now I'm just waiting on my local parts store to get a new tube and oil pan gasket in. and might I add that getting the oil pan off was such a pain in the butt... lol 4.5 hrs later got it all off and ready to go back together now.