Picked up a 2012 EL Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schulzie

Reaction score
Well, today I traded in my 2012 F150 crew cab 4x4 ecoboost on a 2012 EL limited. My family has expanded, and we needed the room. It has 30k on the clock, black, 4x2, quad seating, no nav. I like it. Of course, I'm ready to make it better. Plans are:
-Weathertech floor mats and cargo liner
-tint the front widows to match
-Livernois Tuner (reprogramed for this application)
I'm considering:
-cold air intake
-replacing lamps with PIAA lamps

It seems like other said the cold air intake is a little louder, and adds as little to the mileage figures. I don't want to switch to HID, and I can't stand the blue tint lights. On the F150's, people liked the PIAA's.
What do y'all think?

mtondreo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All sounds good and congrats. I considered not getting a truck because we have an Expy and I could do most stuff with a utility trailer.

I would probably skip the cold air intake also. I think it made a difference on my older 5.4 - but they have changed the intake quite a bit on the newer ones.

Enjoy

cheapjeep

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm gonna install a CAI just to get rid of that octopus looking thing on top of my engine! Just what the hell is that thing? There is no way that can be efficient with all those"blobs"sticking out of it everywhere.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what u want to do is go to the 5startuning section in our vendor section...u can get a programmer built for what u want...the CAI i think i read from ppl that it adds slight noise but our trucks are that good with road noise anyway...i doubt it will be something that noticeable that you will take it off or regret adding it

OP
OP
S

schulzie

Reaction score
6k-you're probably right on the intake. I didn't notice much change on the ecoboost, but it was a much straighter shot.
I've heard good things in 5*, but Livernois did a great job on the ecoboost, I already have a tuner, and they will chase it from boosted to N/A and provide me with tunes for free. I'll stick with them.

mike460

Reaction score
6k-you're probably right on the intake. I didn't notice much change on the ecoboost, but it was a much straighter shot.
I've heard good things in 5*, but Livernois did a great job on the ecoboost, I already have a tuner, and they will chase it from boosted to N/A and provide me with tunes for free. I'll stick with them.

How do you like the Livernois tuner for the Expedition?

OP
OP
S

schulzie

Reaction score
I really like the Livernois tune. I don't know what the horse power gains are, but they are there, I can feel them. Throttle response is awesome, all the delay in the electronic throttle is gone. Shifting feels firmer, faster. I'm very happy with it. This 5.4 liter has good torque, and it's nice to feel it right away when you hit the gas.