Picking your brain on rust in Frame!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brilis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, rust holes, very tiny but definitely rust. I will try to shoot a few pictures.

Nice video but a lot more work then I can handle right now for sure. I was hoping for some sort of repair kit instead of replacement. A few body shops I called will not tackle a project like this.

I am still searching.

brilis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Watched part 1 but is that structurally safe? Putting metal over a rotted frame. I am not grasping how can be safe. Also I wonder if you can find a shop to do this type of work. So far I am striking out.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the structural part of the frame is rotted, putting a cap over it is a no no! Anything on a vehicle can be repaired, but the time and cost can run high. Ideally the whole channel should be replaced then welded in place. You can cheat, and just cut out the rusted channel and butt weld that. It won't be as strong, but should work as long as you have a competent welder doing the work.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk