Platinum Chrome Running Boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robby001

Reaction score
Hello all, we have a 2017 Expedition Limited. I have been wanting to add the chrome trim that is found on the Platinum, and was wondering if anyone knew where or of any aftermarket places to get the running board chrome trim, the mirror trim, and the front bumper trim in chrome. I was thinking of covering them with a chrome vinyl but was thinking an actual stick on plastic product might be the better bet if a company made it.

Thank you

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all, we have a 2017 Expedition Limited. I have been wanting to add the chrome trim that is found on the Platinum, and was wondering if anyone knew where or of any aftermarket places to get the running board chrome trim, the mirror trim, and the front bumper trim in chrome. I was thinking of covering them with a chrome vinyl but was thinking an actual stick on plastic product might be the better bet if a company made it.

Thank you
I have been looking as well but I have not found exactly what I'm looking for. A couple of sites sell rocker panel chrome trim but it looks like they are putting it on the door panels and not the the running board. https://www.carid.com/2017-ford-exp...ories/saa-chrome-rocker-panels-319372193.html I haven't called to verify.

I have added the chrome strip to the third row side window and I replaced my painted outside mirror shells with the factory chrome shells.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been looking as well but I have not found exactly what I'm looking for. A couple of sites sell rocker panel chrome trim but it looks like they are putting it on the door panels and not the the running board. https://www.carid.com/2017-ford-exp...ories/saa-chrome-rocker-panels-319372193.html I haven't called to verify.

I have added the chrome strip to the third row side window and I replaced my painted outside mirror shells with the factory chrome shells.

And those aren’t rocker panel trim pieces or anything to do with them. When you are looking for rocker panels and that keeps coming up it’s the most annoying thing. I don’t understand why these companies call things the wrong name. It’s DOOR TRIM, NOT ROCKER PANEL TRIM.

Last edited:

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And those aren’t rocker panel trim pieces or anything to do with them. When you are looking for rocker panels and that keeps coming up it’s the most annoying thing. I don’t understand why these companies call things the wrong name. It’s DOOR TRIM, NOT ROCKER PANEL TRIM.
I think that is what I said. I'm not sure why the call it rocker trim when it's door panel trim.