please need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasAngel34

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone know where the sensor or wire is that goes to the 4x4 switch that changes in into 4high and 4low... for some reason after taking it out of 4low the light wont go off... and now the spedo only goes to 20mph ... already checked the needle its not stuck

All this after i played in mud... got underneath and rinsed all the mud off i could see..
Think she dont like mud ..

Id really appreciate the help... i dont wanna mess anything up or make if worse.. thanks guys.

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you try putting it back in 4L and backing up, sometimes they stick.
There should be a stack of wires going into the top of the case ...I think
I don't think it's your problem. But Good Luck and let us know what the problem was.

OP
OP
TexasAngel34

TexasAngel34

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes i did a mkllion times... it feels like its back in a4wd but light is on.. will take a look at the wires just in case...

F1vel66a

Reaction score
Could be a faulty selector switch telling the computer one thing and doing another

OP
OP
TexasAngel34

TexasAngel34

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea thats what the parts store thinks or the accuator ... the 4wd shift control on the transfer case... we are checking everything ... will let you know what i found out.... they say its a pretty common problem as well...

F1vel66a

Reaction score
It is common also check the vacuum lines coming off the selenoid. Another thing is mine won't switch out or in 4lo unless in neutral but the indicater on the dash changes.

OP
OP
TexasAngel34

TexasAngel34

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well no power to the switch on the dash or the accuator..not good... taking it to the parts store to order what i need... no more mud for me lol

OP
OP
TexasAngel34

TexasAngel34

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Finally figured it out... the lines were loose and mud was inside of them.. cleaned everything and putting electric wire lube on all wires...

Determined mud is not friendly ...

OP
OP
TexasAngel34

TexasAngel34

Full Access Members
Reaction score
somewhat... the stupid thing goes in and out now.. and now my stupid thing that reads how much gas to empty goes out and comes on... so yea some serious electrical issues going on and i am LOST...