Possessed ABS / stability control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan G

Reaction score
Every so often my stability control or ABS brakes think I don't have traction when I do. This is annoying with the stability control but sketchy when braking and ABS kicks in while on dry pavement - stopping takes way longer.

I had it in the shop and they replaced the yaw sensor and "recalibrated" the system. It's still doing it but it can go months without cropping up again.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? I was thinking next step is I'd just replace all the wheel speed sensors. Someone mentioned to me the computer is broken but I don't even know if that is separate from ECU...

Oh, it's a 2007 4WD Expedition with the RSC AdvanceTrac (is that an option?).

Any help is appreciated!

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you flooring the brake to get ABS to go chugga-chugga on you?

OP
OP
D

Dan G

Reaction score
When it happens any pressure on the pedal while braking has it go chugga-chugga.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my 2013 f150 used to do this on a particular street where we turned right on a bumpy part of asphalt
loose power and not sure about brakes as i was accelerating
worse if it was in 4A... dealer tried a few times to re-calibrate (their words) computer.

i know you dont have an ecoboost
but what fixed it was new spark plugs and coil packs and ecm reprogramming
have no idea what was in the ecm load... my guess is there was a loose ground or connector they found and couldnt understand it

i also had a 2002 F350 crew cab dually 2wd and that would shut OFF on certain turns under throttle

after several trips to FORD..then found a ground that was loose on the ECM grounding strap.

this was my heavily tuned 7.3 and they tried and tried to blame it on the tuner...
it was embarrassing to be drifting in a duallie and it SHUT off:dogpile:
so now any weird crap pops up, i check all the grounds first

OP
OP
D

Dan G

Reaction score
Ah that is hugely helpful. The engine and transmission was replaced in this truck years ago. When it was done, part of the wiring wasn't routed properly and it melted. Talk about mass engine codes! Anyhow, it was fixed but now wondering if they didn't get it all properly sorted.