Power boards keep defaulting to off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My power running boards keep defaulting to “off” in my message center. I keep turning them back to auto and then when I turn the truck off and back on they revert back to “off”. Highly annoying for my 5 foot wife putting kids in car seats. Any way to fix this?

2015 Expedition EL Limited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Am I the only one having this problem?

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine are working fine but I am starting to have an issue with my steering

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Any programmer or recent FORScan changes?

Whenever you edit or mess with the BCM in the 15-17 Expy’s it defaults the boards to off. Not sure why, but it does. Everytime I mess with my tune, or go into FORScan and the BCM I have the issue.

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Great info thank you. No, I haven’t actually been in ForScan since January. I made all of my programming changes and then did a quick turn signal lane change fix a little after that but nothing in months. I might try to go in and actually do something and see if it shakes it loose. Any way to reset BCM other than Battery disconnect?

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did start using my Samsung Galaxy and the torque Pro app to monitor stats realtime... that wouldn’t seem to me to do this??

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I did start using my Samsung Galaxy and the torque Pro app to monitor stats realtime... that wouldn’t seem to me to do this??

It shouldn’t, but should be easy to test. Also, did you customize keys to follow your settings?

-Ray

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have customized my keys before. When I first bought the truck. Haven’t made any changes since. I’m honestly wondering if somehow the torque app is weirding it out. I removed the tablet today and the boards worked perfectly all day. Weird.