Power folding running boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pete6114

Reaction score
1 Year old 2019 Stealth with 17k km has been giving me problems with the driver side folding boards for a while now, since it wont fold up anymore. It tries, but comes back out. Cleaned and lubricated them twice so far, but am waiting for a new motor now. Had them on previous F150's and never quite really cared for them. Now i hate them. Anybody else have a motor replaced?

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2nd its still under warranty
take it to the dealer, mine only act up after much sticky red mud gets all over them, a little washing and some oil and they work perfect

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine was squealing on the drivers side. Nothing I did resolves it for long. I tried every lubricant I could find. Even removed the motor and greased the shaft. Dealer replaced it under warranty and it’s been fine since.

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have issues with both sides of mine. Had them serviced and cleaned many times. They were slow to fold back or not at all. Dealer quoted two new motors not under warranty. About 2k for the 2 of them. Yeah, no thanks. Folded them back up and turned them off....

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had an issue with passenger side and it was replaced under warranty. I wouldn't mess with it.

S Mathieson

Reaction score
1 Year old 2019 Stealth with 17k km has been giving me problems with the driver side folding boards for a while now, since it wont fold up anymore. It tries, but comes back out. Cleaned and lubricated them twice so far, but am waiting for a new motor now. Had them on previous F150's and never quite really cared for them. Now i hate them. Anybody else have a motor replaced?

S Mathieson

Reaction score
Hello
Identical problem with my 2018, Ford has replaced the right side under warranty, However it took a few trips until they finally agreed to replace it.

ssmock

Reaction score
My 2014 with 111K miles the running board on the drivers side sometimes wont stay down. Open and shut the door a couple of times and it starts working properly again. Someone said there is a switch in the door that sometimes sticks so the computer thinks the door is shut and retracts the board. Anyone have that problem?

lefty hack

Reaction score
For the 2018 Platinum is there a preventative mx I can do? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk