Power Programer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EXMAN

Reaction score
Has anyone used a power programer for there rig? Is it worth the money? What's the best brand?

FFMCCORD

Reaction score
I have a superchip programable chip and love it, you can use it to find out why the check engine lite is on. DTC codes. It saves you from going to a dealer and having them use a diagnostic machine to tell you what's wrong. Just my 2 cents.

G

Originally posted by EXMAN
Has anyone used a power programer for there rig? Is it worth the money? What's the best brand?
I am using a Diablosport Chip in my 98 EB. You can find plenty of these on ebay a lot
cheaper than a programmer. I'm very pleased with the gains, and you can have it
re-programed cheap if you add or change your setup. This is my chip.

617186_244_full.jpg

OP
OP
E

EXMAN

Reaction score
Thanks for the info rainman15. It's too bad I didn't wait and do some more research before I bought my 98. The 99's and up have better programming capabilities and more hp to start. How much was your chip form Diablosport? I looked on Ebay and there was nothing right now.
I saw your pics from the big 04 xmas snow. We had 16+ inches here in Cincy and the "Big Blue Bus" drove like a tank in it.

G

Originally posted by EXMAN
Thanks for the info rainman15. It's too bad I didn't wait and do some more research before I bought my 98. The 99's and up have better programming capabilities and more hp to start. How much was your chip form Diablosport? I looked on Ebay and there was nothing right now.
I saw your pics from the big 04 xmas snow. We had 16+ inches here in Cincy and the "Big Blue Bus" drove like a tank in it.

Sorry it took so long for my response. My password got changed and I was locked out for a while. My chip was originally bought for my 1st Lightning. I had the same chip in a 00 Lightning, a 02 Harley Davidson F-150 SCRew, and a 03 Lightning before the Expedition. All you have to do is have it reprogramed for the computer code your truck has each time. I paid about $220 for the chip when I bought it new. You should be able to pick up a used chip for less than $150. If you are interested in finding one you can check the market forum on www.svtperformance.com or the online classifieds at www.f150online.com There is normally a couple for sell on each site if you can't find one on ebay.