Power running board is shot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Air00Max

Reaction score
My drivers side power running board on my '08 is dead. The motor went out. The dealer wants to charge $2300 to replace it. I can't find any aftermarket power boards. Has anyone had any successe with this ? $2300, especially for just 1 board, is ridiculous!! Would the power boards from ampro on an F150 be the same for an Expedition EL?? It is driving me nuts with this being broke

OP
OP
A

Air00Max

Reaction score
I'm now getting really frustrated with this part. The cheapest board I cam find is $850. I am having a hard time believing the motor is bad because the board comes down just fine. It just won't go up. With just a tiny bit of a push from my foot underneath the board, then it will retract when I close the door. If it doesn't retract then I can actually hear the motor trying to pull the board up when I am driving. I have looked for any type Of obstruction to the board and can't see anything. I have tried greasing and lubricating the door switch/jam and that hasnt worked either. Does anyone have any other recommendations or websites I can look at to try and find the part cheaper ?

OP
OP
A

Air00Max

Reaction score
Matt thanks for the reply! I have not had any luck being able to find just the motor to try. Your link has really helped me out! For $295 I will try a new motor and see if that works.

dariod

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I changed mines to manual ones. You can get regular running boards for cheap. I was able to sell my power boards for good money as I removed them when truck was brand new. Then i got oem EL regular boards and installed those.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Air00Max

Reaction score
Back to square 1...Tascaparts.com has the wrong part/diagram listed for the part I need...A $295 part has now turned into a $1K part...still better than the dealership, but man this sucks.

CJ0920

Reaction score
Your better off buying an aftermarket power folding steps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett