Power Window Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kenn B

Reaction score
Has anyone had a problem with their power window (drivers) not staying in "track?" In other words, when I press the down button, you can hear the mechanism going down, but the window does not move unless I push it down, then it drops quickly until it reaches the bottom.

sammygraffia20112

Reaction score
Has anyone had a problem with their power window (drivers) not staying in "track?" In other words, when I press the down button, you can hear the mechanism going down, but the window does not move unless I push it down, then it drops quickly until it reaches the bottom.
I just hand the same problem one of the cables broke i had to put new window regulator bought it from auto zone $55 dollars

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The regulator might be OK but there are 2 clamps that hold the window bottom, you need to remove the door panel.

OP
OP
Kenn B

Kenn B

Reaction score
I suspect that might be the case. The window glass seems loose: if I apply pressure on it, it will go down. Going up is fine. I had put a window deflector on and I think there was too much pressure on the window - causing it to pull out of the clamps.

Thanks to all who have commented. I'll pull the door panel off and check it out.

OP
OP
Kenn B

Kenn B

Reaction score
Just a quick "thank you" for your comments. I was able to repair the window over the weekend. It had pulled loose from the tabs. Re-attached and now working well!

mrlynn

Reaction score

That's a great tutorial!

Does anyone know if it will apply to my 2013 Expy, driver's side? I think I may need to replace the regulator.

Of course, nothing but snow and rain predicted for the next few days, and cold. Expy is too big for my garage. May have to leave the window up until May . . .