Power Window/Lock Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevmobile

Reaction score
my question: can i relocate the power lock actuator to allow clearance for the window regulator
explanation:
Hey guys this is my first post, i've been using the forum ever since i got my dads truck that has been in the family off the lot. it's been awesome having such a great community giving each other tips and tricks on how to work on a FoMoCo product. anyways, after about a year of me driving the truck, i rolled the window down (i have aftermarket speakers so there was a wire running through he way of the window oops) and the window got off the regulator. i just epoxied it back and it keeps falling off when people roll it down. anyways i have replaced the regulator and drilled out those rivets (wtf ford:signs75:) and rolled the regulator down. the problem is that there is a large clinking noise and i have diagnosed it-the power lock bracket hits the window and causes it to fall off. my question is: can i relocate the power lock by drilling holes in the door to fix my problem? does anyone have any experience with this? thanks in advance for your time and responses.
side note what's up with this emoji:hump::leghump:

OP
OP
Kevmobile

Kevmobile

Reaction score
yeah i thought about just angle grinding it but i don't want to remove it from the door. i'll try a hammer. thanks! i'll tell you how it goes:banana-mario:

OP
OP
Kevmobile

Kevmobile

Reaction score
UPDATE:

The bozo at the parts counter sold me the regulator for the passenger side of the truck:untitled::upyours: I replaced it with the correct part and it has been working ever since (4 yrs)