Power Window Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kwoods181

Reaction score
I just had my driver side window regulator replaced, and now the automatic window will not roll all the way up. It gets to about three inches from the top and stops. Then I have to hold up on the switch to roll it the rest of the way up. The body shop that did the work disconnected the battery cables and clamped them together for about ten minutes, but that didn't help.

Anybody else have this problem?

Thanks.

OP
OP
K

kwoods181

Reaction score
Never mind. I found RI-Matt's post on how to reset it.

Thanks

OP
OP
K

kwoods181

Reaction score
Ok, I did the on off 5 times, roll it down, roll it up, roll it down hold for 5 seconds, and roll it up for 5 seconds. Now it only rolls down automatically, but it won't roll up automatically.

Now what?

Thanks.

OP
OP
K

kwoods181

Reaction score
Yes. At the body shop it would roll up to about 2 inches from the top. After de-initializing it won't even do that, I have to hold it up. It took it to the Ford house and he couldn't get it to work either.

Bojo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had, and now have the exact same problem. I give up. Taking it to the dealer...

OP
OP
K

kwoods181

Reaction score
I had, and now have the exact same problem. I give up. Taking it to the dealer...

Unfortunately I already did and all he could do was what I already tried myself and ask me if I was sure that it had that option.

FordCustSrvc

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Let me know how it goes, Bojo! I'm sure your dealer will get to the bottom of it.

Unfortunately I already did and all he could do was what I already tried myself and ask me if I was sure that it had that option.

Hi, kwoods181.

I recommend taking it by another dealer for a second opinion. In the meantime, PM me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll look into options.

Ashley

Last edited: