Pretty cool drl!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Freeway, I was doing each light like that in about 30 minutes. Most of the time is just prepping the lead lengths so you use the LED leads as your wiring between everything. ONce you get soldering, the rest goes pretty quickly. Now, when I did my tail lights, I was soldering for hours. But then, I was soldering up almost 800 LEDs. That takes a little bit of time.

One of the things that I contemplated at one point was drilling a series of holes down the sides of the headliner and dropping in say 70K MCD LEDs. Then, instead of having the single bulbs light up the interior of the truck, these 2 strips of LEDs would. The options are limitless. The only limit is what you dream up. At one point I was going to be building a custom sub box for a fellow Expy owner and we were going to etch the plexiglass for his sub and then use some LEDs to shine the light through the plexiglass which would have caused the etched portion to shine the light out at people. Would have looked really good. Then, you can have anything you want written on the plexi.

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At one point I was going to be building a custom sub box for a fellow Expy owner and we were going to etch the plexiglass for his sub and then use some LEDs to shine the light through the plexiglass which would have caused the etched portion to shine the light out at people. Would have looked really good. Then, you can have anything you want written on the plexi.

not a bad idea...thats what i ultimately want anyways...plexiglass top/front...i'll PM you on this...