2015-2017 Headlight DRL mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Iamsam1117

Iamsam1117

Reaction score
No wiring Is done down at the fog lights and everything down there is fully sealed. The wires reach uputo behind the headlamps. I even used scotchlocks to make those connections water tight aswell

Do you have a link to the LEDs you used?
I may do the headlights like that. Not going to do the trim around the fogs since I do water crossing frequently. Not in the mood to add any wiring down there.

Last edited:

marlinpruett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So the white light on the head lights is tied to the headlight circuit so they are on only when the headlights are on or is it on a DTL circuit?

marlinpruett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought a set of these.... found them almost impossible to hot glue,double sided tape or get silicone to stick to them!
After two or three tries they are going back for a refund.
Edit:
I think JB Weld is going to work! I'll report back later.

Last edited:

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I bought a set of these.... found them almost impossible to hot glue,double sided tape or get silicone to stick to them!
After two or three tries they are going back for a refund.
Edit:
I think JB Weld is going to work! I'll report back later.

You get them to work...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

marlinpruett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, with a great deal of cleaning the surface of the light pod and the light itself I got 3M red double sided tape to hold....somewhat.
The light strip is sorta tightly wedged between the light pod and the fender surround so not likely to come loose. Looks good and a nice effect.

creef14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, with a great deal of cleaning the surface of the light pod and the light itself I got 3M red double sided tape to hold....somewhat.
The light strip is sorta tightly wedged between the light pod and the fender surround so not likely to come loose. Looks good and a nice effect.

Pics?