Pro Trailer Backup Assist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhuston99

Reaction score
Anywhere I can find what the difference between Pro Trailer Backup Assist that is on my 2018 vs Pro Trailer Backup Assist 2.0 on the 2022?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anywhere I can find what the difference between Pro Trailer Backup Assist that is on my 2018 vs Pro Trailer Backup Assist 2.0 on the 2022?
Yes, go look at the 2021 150 documentation. There is a 3rd plug on the 150's for the trailer sway control box, and several other features. I would assume the system is the same.

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I came across two articles with differing information, but both claim that the 2.0 system has been updated. One says you no longer need a sticker, and the other says you still need sticker but don't have to measure and enter data about your trailer. I wish I had found a more definitive answer, but hope this helps.

https://www.designnews.com/automoti...r-backup-assist-guides-new-campers-wilderness

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022-ford-expedition-timberline-first-look/
You can do the sticker still, but not a requirement.

You still enter Data about the trailer. It basically gives you more options and ways to do things from what I have experienced so far. Based on questions it asks it does some basic setup for you. Honestly works great. I have never tried to use the Pro Backup on either our Expedition or my Truck, cause well, I can backup a trailer. Have been doing it for 30 years.

I own a 21 150...FYI.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone use this feature with any regularity? And how does it compare to just putting the truck in reverse and doing it yourself, is it worth the setup time?

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve used it some for fun. It doesn’t allow for really sharp turns, but other than that, it works well. It turns the steering wheel a lot if you move the knob a lot.

ryanpe

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Limited and have pulled my Lance 23' travel trailer for over 5000 miles. I absolutely love the Pro Trailer Assist as it makes it much easier to back up. I have been pulling a trailer for the past 4 years w/o this feature so I know how to effectively back up but why would I not use this great technology. 95% of the time I get the trailer in the perfect place the first time - no need to pull forward and readjust. I have received many compliments from bystanders on how impressed they were in my "talent". Ha!

giraffenut

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Limited and have pulled my Lance 23' travel trailer for over 5000 miles. I absolutely love the Pro Trailer Assist as it makes it much easier to back up. I have been pulling a trailer for the past 4 years w/o this feature so I know how to effectively back up but why would I not use this great technology. 95% of the time I get the trailer in the perfect place the first time - no need to pull forward and readjust. I have received many compliments from bystanders on how impressed they were in my "talent". Ha!
Wish you could show me how to do it! I try using it and in the middle of backing up I get message “can’t read sticker”. So I have to go back to doing it without the pro assist.