Programing new remote start 2013

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slimsurgery

Reaction score
I am having trouble programming remote start for my 2013 expedition. Im hoping someone can assist me in this. I recently discovered I have remote start. I bought the expedition with no remote start key. I have the key with lock and unlock and I have another regular key. I see the antenna on the inside of the windshield. I looked under the driver side dash and have a remote start system 2-way gen-2. AL2J-19G367-AA. I looked up what kind of remote I needed for this and I ordered a remote with FCC ID Elvatcc. I have looked online on youtube videos and whatever post I found and online and have tried multiple ways to program remote but no luck. Can anyone assist? Thanks

s-l1600.jpg

View attachment 37093

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On my 2015 Expedition Limited with factory remote start, you must have TWO programmed remotes for the owner to program a third remote (without going to the dealer).

If you have only one programmed remote fob or none, the dealer must program the new remote(s) - by clearing the existing programming and then adding the new remote(s).

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check out the FORScan Thread, you may find some help, and avoid the dealer.