Programmers / Reading Codes & Data / Etc.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
don't go with superchips...the tunes cant be customized for our trucks...5startuning.com is where to go and they are in our vendor section that will customize a few tunes for ur truck for current and future mods that u have or may do and to how u will use ur truck and what u want from ur truck...I believe he uses SCT and u get a discount when u let him know you're a member on this forum

Scott Yancey

Reaction score
My question is when you have used the programmer (superchips, edge, ?) and have programmed your truck, can you unplug the programmer and put it away?
Thank you!

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you don't have one get yourself a copy of the Ford Service Manual on DVD Has very good information on the OBD codes and what to look for also wiring diagrams with connector views and pin layout. Don't waste your money on a Clymer or Haynes manual unless your looking for something to start fires with The DVD can be had from e-bay for about $15.00 US

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My question is when you have used the programmer (superchips, edge, ?) and have programmed your truck, can you unplug the programmer and put it away?
Thank you!

yes u can unplug it....some u can leave in for changes on the fly...

expy

Reaction score
Head Unit

rtbrjason,

What kind of head unit did you get?
Looks awesome!
Been thinking about changing mine out, and if I can do
what you're doing with it, that will help me get off the
stick and do it.

Thanks...

rtbrjason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
rtbrjason,

What kind of head unit did you get?
Looks awesome!
Been thinking about changing mine out, and if I can do
what you're doing with it, that will help me get off the
stick and do it.

Thanks...

I went with this one from Joying as it is easy to root and put custom software on.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YE7SN9K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The nav is one of the better I've used and having the torque app for data monitoring is great.

The main downside is most all of these units have a rather cheap radio, so while it works okay, reception is not what it was with the stock unit.

expy

Reaction score
Grassy us.

Seems like I can't pick up as much with my integral cargo window antenna anyway, so I'm not sure I'd notice. ;-)

Thanks for the info!