Pulling Car Trailer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpritter

Reaction score
You should not have a problem with the hitch setup that came with the vehicle. I've towed 2 different Corvettes with my old 2006 Expedition, with HD tow package, with no problems. You just need to get the correct ball and receiver, and also the correct drop. Check the height of the trailer when level and the ball size.

ssmock

Reaction score
If you are renting a open trailer U-Haul can set it all up for you. Towed my 64 convertible 3,200 many time with them. No problem, I have a 2014 with HD Towing package. Different story if you are borrowing one from someone.

Blue87GT

Reaction score
Besides the transmission cooler, what's the difference, equipment wise from the standard and the HD towing package?

flying68

Full Access Members
Reaction score
At 6000lbs you are at the point you would require a weight distributing hitch. Below that it isn't required but is recommended.

grumpyoleman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
At 6000lbs you are at the point you would require a weight distributing hitch. Below that it isn't required but is recommended.

the only real towing I have done with mine (non HD tow) was a car on a trailer and the drive train was more than up to the task, but I do wish I had a weight distribution hitch. The one size fits all design of the UHaul wheels up car hauler resulted in the center of gravity being a bit farther forward than I liked and my backside was a bit squirly for my taste, but a good WD hitch would have taken care of that. For the record, I was close, but I don't think I was over the 6k limit (I did not weigh the setup.)