Purchased a firestation expedition, did I get a good deal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k-bl

Reaction score
Last week I purchased a Bright Red 2014 Expedition:
  • 38k miles
  • 2 Wheel Drive
  • Tow package
  • Newly installed aftermarket full screen Kenwood Media Player, with backup camera
  • Skid plate
for $15700. It needs new tires (about 9000 miles left on them), didn't come with a third row seat, needs some interior panels replaced, and the window seals from old age. It was mostly garage kept. It had some huge decals for the fire department removed and some damaged paint that had been reasonably touched up. I had the under body and the engine bay checked for rust, and they were super clean. We drove it for about 1000 miles, and it performed wonderfully. Curious what you guys think. It was apparently used by a nearby Firestation.

IMG950741.jpg IMG-0744.jpg IMG-0756.jpg IMG-0754.jpg

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yours looks great!
I have a 2nd generation Firetruck Expedition. mine is an SSV. I suspect it was a supervisor's vehicle because it was so clean, especially the interior. It had less than 100k miles and cost right at 5200$, but I had to put another 4400 in it and new tires. I got it April of 2019. we couldn't be happier.
Believe it or not, the 4400 was not for anything major. all 4 door lock switches had failed, the front suspension needed control arms; the rear rotors had to be replaced, a bunch of vacuum hoses and other stuff had the AC crippled, and so on. I've got a list; I just can't remember it all.
ours only had two rows of seats. I put in a third row out of an Eddie Bauer donor, but it's a power set so i have to do some wiring work. right now it's stuck in the up position. All the interior panels were fine, though.
I predict you will love yours as we love ours.

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
04ExpySSV.JPG
this is mine, the only thing different now is the new wheels and tires. I don't have a picture of that. yet.

OP
OP
k-bl

k-bl

Reaction score
yours looks great!
I have a 2nd generation Firetruck Expedition. mine is an SSV. I suspect it was a supervisor's vehicle because it was so clean, especially the interior. It had less than 100k miles and cost right at 5200$, but I had to put another 4400 in it and new tires. I got it April of 2019. we couldn't be happier.
Believe it or not, the 4400 was not for anything major. all 4 door lock switches had failed, the front suspension needed control arms; the rear rotors had to be replaced, a bunch of vacuum hoses and other stuff had the AC crippled, and so on. I've got a list; I just can't remember it all.
ours only had two rows of seats. I put in a third row out of an Eddie Bauer donor, but it's a power set so i have to do some wiring work. right now it's stuck in the up position. All the interior panels were fine, though.
I predict you will love yours as we love ours.

Awesome! Ty for your input.

View attachment 38804
this is mine, the only thing different now is the new wheels and tires. I don't have a picture of that. yet.

Yours looks fantastic! Ty for sharing.
It's hard to go wrong at 38k miles and no rust means a lot too. You can eat off that underside.

LOL! Yea, I was shocked.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Looks like you got a clean truck. Good luck with it. The fire department trucks seem to be mush better than those the police beat up. I've had many SSV Expeditions and they have never given me problems.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks like you got a clean truck. Good luck with it. The fire department trucks seem to be mush better than those the police beat up. I've had many SSV Expeditions and they have never given me problems.
Probably because they only use them to go look at fires etc.

mrbadwrench

Reaction score
My 2008 was a police cruiser before it was a fire department vehicle. The only things that have broken are age related.