Raptor Steering Wheel Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
rcompart

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think 11-14’ 6.2L raptor steering wheels would be compatible with a third gen.

I wanted to install shift paddles in our 2014 but couldn’t justify all the extra parts necessary to make it all work so I was excited to install a Raptor wheel in our 2017 because it would just be a matter of the wheel and a couple other little parts here and there to make everything work. Never got around to it though because we had issues with it right from the start.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was a very simple and straightforward install and I’m 90-95% satisfied with the results. It was essentially plug and play as all the wiring was present and all I had to do was move the trim and switches from the original to the Raptor wheel. I’m really not a fan of the red stripe so I’m still deciding if I’m going to modify the original wheel to fit the Raptor shift paddles, have the Raptor wheel reupholstered with the tops and bottoms from the original wheel or leave the red stripe and add touches of red to the interior so it has something to tie in with the rest of the interior.

View attachment 23847 View attachment 23848
I haven't read the whole way through so if this has been mention, please ignore it. You can buy black leather dye and just dye the red strip if it bothers you. you can scuff the leather with 1000 grit stand paper apply the dye until you achieve the color you want and then put several coats of paste wax and buff it.

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
wow.
haters gonna hate. it's his truck; your opinion is your opinion.
Personally, I would do this just because I like the idea of more control without taking my hands off the wheel. it just makes sense.

I already drive my expy like a ferrari. it's an SSV.

Rick Anjel

Reaction score
This was a very simple and straightforward install and I’m 90-95% satisfied with the results. It was essentially plug and play as all the wiring was present and all I had to do was move the trim and switches from the original to the Raptor wheel. I’m really not a fan of the red stripe so I’m still deciding if I’m going to modify the original wheel to fit the Raptor shift paddles, have the Raptor wheel reupholstered with the tops and bottoms from the original wheel or leave the red stripe and add touches of red to the interior so it has something to tie in with the rest of the interior.

Looks Great!!! I would also consider doing this ! How much did the Raptor Steering Wheel cost? Also since you mention its plug and play, did you do the work yourself or had the dealer do it?

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks Great!!! I would also consider doing this ! How much did the Raptor Steering Wheel cost? Also since you mention its plug and play, did you do the work yourself or had the dealer do it?

I agree... looks awesome. Cost?

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If I'm gonna spend over $400 for a replacement steering wheel, I might want the trim to be carbon fiber to match the other accents on my Stealth model. Otherwise, I'll keep mine since it has the matching red stitching on it for the seats.

JayTee

Reaction score

Looks great.
Did you need a puller to get the old wheel off or was it not necessary?

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think the shift paddles on the wheel make alot more sense than on the console. But with my 5 star tuning I find little reason to use either. I don't. See appearance wise alot of difference.rascist? OMG give it up.