RCI Skid Plates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had these installed on my 2019 Limited at a 4x4 place in Lakewood CO (RSG Offroad)..they removed the front air dam (thank goodness that ugly piece of plastic crap is gone!) and it basically bolted on EXCEPT for the connection between the front skid plate and the transfer case plate. There are no corresponding holes in the frame as there are on the F150 but they were able to drill a couple new holes in one of the plates and bolt them together. Looks great and no rattles or other problems. No issues with oil changes either. I bought the complete set except for the fuel tank protection. And yes - you will be really happy with this.
What’s the ‘hole’ on the drivers side on the second piece back? And the oval piece on the passenger side on the third piece - is that for the oil drain plug?

I have a raptor front skid plate and was thinking of getting the second and third pieces - did you get aluminum or steel?

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the hole on the second piece really doesn't do anything. There is a removal cover also on the second piece for the oil drain plug. It's easily removed with two allen screws, though I suppose you could just leave it off, but then stuff could catch on the opening. With that said, I put in a valve to make it easier, so it flows straight down with less mess.

I went steel, I think I probably could have done aluminum only because I'm certainly not taking this thing anywhere crazy, it's a platinum for gosh sakes. But they are built well.

Peter L

Reaction score
I got the steel versions - a bit less expensive and franly, I"m kind-of old school and just feel better about steel. I'm also not real likely to go anywhere real crazy but we do get out hunting and better safe than sorry. FYI - they do give a military discount if you are in teh service or a veteran. Really good guys and prompt with shipping which was great since I live in a low-tax part of Colorado (no city sales taxes!).

Bman25

Reaction score
Had these installed on my 2019 Limited at a 4x4 place in Lakewood CO (RSG Offroad)..they removed the front air dam (thank goodness that ugly piece of plastic crap is gone!) and it basically bolted on EXCEPT for the connection between the front skid plate and the transfer case plate. There are no corresponding holes in the frame as there are on the F150 but they were able to drill a couple new holes in one of the plates and bolt them together. Looks great and no rattles or other problems. No issues with oil changes either. I bought the complete set except for the fuel tank protection. And yes - you will be really happy with this.
Do you have to drop this for oil changes?

Peter L

Reaction score
I just had the oil changed at the dealer and they didn't have to do anything different. There is a cut-out for removing the drain plug and when I asked, they didn't say anything about it being an issue. I was also concerned about this but it doesn't seem to cause any problems.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just had the oil changed at the dealer and they didn't have to do anything different. There is a cut-out for removing the drain plug and when I asked, they didn't say anything about it being an issue. I was also concerned about this but it doesn't seem to cause any problems.
Didn't mention anything about the filter? It looks like they could reach around the front plate.

Peter L

Reaction score
Nope - no comments at all. I can only presume (perhaps I shouldn't) that they were able to change everything with no difficulty. Guessing they can reach around the plate as there is space on the side. I gave up trying to change my own oil years ago due to 1) weird-ass designs that made it really difficult without lifting the vehicle, 2) difficulty in finding somewhere that would accept waste oil (most wouldn't due to concerns about contamination with other fluids) and 3) time vs cost savings.... I'll post again if any future oil change results in comments or any issues.