RCI skids install?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dclr

Reaction score
Looking for some pointers on installing RCI skids because the instructions are lackluster at best. The included front brackets don’t seem to align with anything I can see on the frame rails behind the tow hooks. The best I can tell is the two brackets are designed to mount under the intercooler mounts attached to the frame. I haven't contacted RCI yet but they assured me the skids (engine and trans) would fit.

Any of you guys have any suggestions?

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I hope you figure it out. I have been looking at that setup. Post pictures and a review when finished. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Start with the bolts from the rear hold the front up with a jack and you should be right in place for the front brackets.
If not call they they are very quick to answer the phone and email.

Yes, RCI instructions are a bit lacking or were. The transmission pan has a slot that needed to be popped out to mate to the OEM motor plate.
The slot is ever so slightly laser cut and needs to be hammered out. The instructions made no mention of the slot having to be hammered out. The powder coating on mine had filled in the etching for the cut out so I had no clue with was there until I called. I figured I got a plate they had forgot to cut the slot out of.

OP
OP
D

Dclr

Reaction score
Picked up some Rhino ramps today from Napa so I'll let you guys know as soon as I can get under it again. Previously, I crawled under without ramps/jack stands just to eyeball what I was getting into.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A buddy is a huge help too.
I did mine alone front on ramps laid the skid on my chest and rolled under on a creeper. Lifted the rear with my knees and got a few threads in on the bolts at the rear, slid the jack under the front of the skid and lifted it so I could align the holes.
Used a light electric impact to run the bolts in.

I would highly suggest putting a 1/4” nylon washer between the skid and the frame.

OP
OP
D

Dclr

Reaction score
A buddy is a huge help too.
I did mine alone front on ramps laid the skid on my chest and rolled under on a creeper. Lifted the rear with my knees and got a few threads in on the bolts at the rear, slid the jack under the front of the skid and lifted it so I could align the holes.
Used a light electric impact to run the bolts in.

I would highly suggest putting a 1/4” nylon washer between the skid and the frame.

Yep, appreciate the tips. I've been scooting along on floor mats with that that big steel front skid trying to manage a drop light and line up bolt holes. I don't normally swear, but I asked my wife to keep the kids out of the garage for a while..good times :)