ReadyLift Leveling Kit: Handling Impact?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LittleJohn

Reaction score
So I was all ready to readylift my 18 Limited to fit some more aggressive tires, I even got the kit in the door and started on the instruction manual...

How much does this thing affect cornering, high speed handling, body roll, etc?

I was actually surprised at the handling of the stock expedition, I normally end up stiffening suspensions and requiring fatter rear anti-sway bars, the urge to do so on this vehicle was decidedly muted.

I do drive both on asphalt roads, (lots and lots of hillls) and legitimately off-road, namely a large expanse of very wet, muddy hills, sometimes over loggy debris, rarely over rocky, craggy terrain. I often end up dragging the underside of expy when coming off a steepish hill. My current setup is still some blizzak 265/70 on 17 wheels, basically useless on the hills. I have my stock 20's running nearly slick toyo open country's.

I had my eye on some 275/70s and 18x9+18 and that lift but if its going to make my hilly paved road experience markedly inferior I would have to pass.

Any and all feedback welcome and appreciated.

3tonsoffun

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I was all ready to readylift my 18 Limited to fit some more aggressive tires, I even got the kit in the door and started on the instruction manual...

How much does this thing affect cornering, high speed handling, body roll, etc?

I was actually surprised at the handling of the stock expedition, I normally end up stiffening suspensions and requiring fatter rear anti-sway bars, the urge to do so on this vehicle was decidedly muted.

I do drive both on asphalt roads, (lots and lots of hillls) and legitimately off-road, namely a large expanse of very wet, muddy hills, sometimes over loggy debris, rarely over rocky, craggy terrain. I often end up dragging the underside of expy when coming off a steepish hill. My current setup is still some blizzak 265/70 on 17 wheels, basically useless on the hills. I have my stock 20's running nearly slick toyo open country's.

I had my eye on some 275/70s and 18x9+18 and that lift but if its going to make my hilly paved road experience markedly inferior I would have to pass.

Any and all feedback welcome and appreciated.
I’ll chime in, however, my readylift is on my 2016 EL Platinum and 35s. First off, install was pretty straight forward, definitely need two people though and power tools. Just follow instructions and you should be fine. Also, be sure you don’t have CCD suspension as you’ll need special adapter arms to make the 3/2 work properly.

Initially I installed the kit and kept my stock 275/55/20s. Looked hideous so on went the 35/11.50/20s and BORA 1.25” spacers. Stance is perfect just how I envisioned it. Ride quality is still there, only thing difference I notice is cornering. But these are 6400lb SUVs so I just take it easy. It actually seemed to feel better driving on the highway too. Not too stiff or floaty. I would say go for it!

Jason Bell

Reaction score
I have the ready lift, and I had the dealer install it before I bought it. So I really can't speak to the difference in ride. But I would say mine is pretty stiff - guessing stiffer than factory. Does great in the corners. The Cooper's are contributing to the stiffness as they are load range E, 295/70R18 and I'm running them at around 45PSI. I wish it was still 2 inches taller.
B040AF84-E37A-43D3-A66D-5051C6C59F8F.jpeg

sanman28

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the ready lift, and I had the dealer install it before I bought it. So I really can't speak to the difference in ride. But I would say mine is pretty stiff - guessing stiffer than factory. Does great in the corners. The Cooper's are contributing to the stiffness as they are load range E, 295/70R18 and I'm running them at around 45PSI. I wish it was still 2 inches taller.
View attachment 35205

nice. Rub?

3tonsoffun

Full Access Members
Reaction score
View attachment 35205
You should get wheel spacers, the lift really sucks those tires into the wheel well

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lets just say, you can't take a 6,000 Lbs brick and make it taller and expect it to handle as well as it did before you lifted it. I'm not sure on a value, but its sure to impact it negatively. It's all leverage.