Rear AC Blows warm, heat only works on some settings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Disneymama

Reaction score
I’ve got a 2017 Expedition. Several months ago the front blower went out. It would only work periodically. We had it fished and no longer have issues.

Now the back air stopped cooperating. AC blows warm and the heater doesn’t work on all speeds. It’s making a noise but I can’t describe it exactly. Had a video but I can’t figure out how to post it.

Do the Expeditions have a lot of AC issues? I was leaning toward blend door but now maybe think it’s the resistor? I’m pretty sure I’d be able to fix either of those myself but not sure about anything else.

Have a daughter allergic to heat so AC in Texas is necessary. Don’t have a ton of money to have it looked at. I’d rather see if I can fix it before I take it somewhere.

Any ideas?

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
If the gears in the blend door motor are stripped, it generally goes tick-tick-tick-tick... I know the XLT's have a rear blower resistor, not sure of the Limiteds. The controller in the ATC models is also electronic and plays a part in selecting the fan speed.