Rear air only comes out of roof vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I posted this question in another thread, but I'll ask here too.

Got an 08 Expy EB recently. The rear air only comes out of the roof vents, no matter if it's set to cold or hot.

How to fix?

Thanks.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if u asked in a thread about another topic...cool...if u started a thread to ask the question and now asking here...NOT COOL...please delete one of them if that is the case

u need to replace the selector motor inside the rear passenger panel...there are 2 in there on all rear air equipped vehicles...one on the top and the other on the side...one controls selecting air from floor to top and top to floor...the other is for hot/cold for the blend door...I don't know which is which...$25 part and u can fix urself...2 or 3 screws holding it in and replace...

I would suggest replacing both since u have to take the panel off...total of $50 and u wont have to worry about it again for a while...the gears are stripped or just slipping not allowing u to select/direct where u want the air to come from

OP
OP
S

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How easy is it to take the panel off to gain access? I imagine it just pulls off? Is there enough wire going to the power fold switches to reach behind and unplug them?

Thanks for the help.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its very easy...u'll need star sockets...T40, T45, T50...I have powerfold seats too and they don't hinder anything due to the motors being under the seat...u have 4 bolts to take out...2 rear seat belt bolts...one on the panel and the other on the floor...2nd row seat belt bolt by the door and on pillar...then its just removing the panels from the tailgate top and bottom...then the big left panel where the rear a/c is...

u COULD just take the top removable panel off and stick ur arm in but that was too much for me cuz hands and arms are too big...takes about 10 mins to remove everything 1-min to change the parts...10 mins to put everything back...

I take mine down all the time cuz I have an amp in the left panel where the factory sub was/is for u

OP
OP
S

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the help!

You wouldn't happen to have a part number for the actuator, would you? Since you're being so nice and all lol.....

Oh yeah, why do you say I have to take the panels off the tailgate? Just curious

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have the p/n...but if u search rear air and go through the threads u should find it...don't know how long it will take to go through them...lol...i'll help look for them as well

u don't take the panels off the tailgate...the inside of the cargo area as described becuz they all overlap each other to take the off...