Rear Air Suspension Bags Fully Inflated - Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AutoKerl

Reaction score
A couple of days ago I noticed the rear end of my 06 Expo Limited seemed rather high. Turns out the air suspension bags are fully inflated and will not deflate.

I can hear the compressor run to lift the front (new bags but for some reason they don't hold air when the vehicle is shut off - as seen in the pic) when Expo is running.

How do I vent the rear bags? Do I need to reset the system? If yes, how do I reset the system? The ride is borderline dangerous with the back end bouncing like a p_ssed off mule on a bad day over even small pavement imperfections.

Hoping there is a simple short-term temporary solution. Clearly, the entire system needs to be reviewed but I just don't have the time at the moment.

Thx Guys.

Attachments

• Rear High.png
    Rear High.png
    56.3 KB · Views: 8

whtbronco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So my first thought is to check the switch for the rear suspension. On my 2004 there was only 1 for the rear. To me it sounds like it's stuck.

For the front let the air bags pump up an then hit the switch to turn off the air suspension. Maybe the 2006 switch is located in the left rear of the vehicle. Then shut off the engine and listen for the leak. Could just be a cracked air line, loose connection or failed solenoid.