Rear Blend Door Actuator Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2007Limited

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Since replacing both rear blend door actuators the dreaded clicking has returned. I've uninstalled them and opened them up. For whatever reason, the main gear "attached to the peg that opens and closes the blend door" is getting stuck all the way to the right.

At this point I'm not sure if it's a problem with the brand I bought or if I need to reset the doors before installing.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Chris

metaldrgn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so it worked for awhile and then just stopped working by going all the way to the right? By going all the way to the right do you mean the blend door is at full hot or cold and won't move from there?

OP
OP

2007Limited

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The actuator is going all the way to the right. I think that I might have to adjust the blend doors in order to adjust it correctly. If I start it up, then switch from cool to hot, the clicking stops. As soon as I turn the temp back down the actuator starts clicking.

OP
OP

2007Limited

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After I replaced both units, it switched from cold to hot without any issues. So I assume that it was working correctly.

metaldrgn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you take apart the old one? I think you should take this one apart and see if it failed. sounds like it was defective.