Rear Coil Spacer Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

catmaster25

Reaction score
yo

When I get my suspension lift can I put it in with my gear head cousin, or do I have to pay one of these shops almost a Grand to install the kit? Anyways just looking into to it, maybe check more than 1 post hahaaa...

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
catmaster, I did the lift on my truck by myself. Granted, I did have access to a lift and a tranny jack. But, yes, you can do it in your driveway. I have done a few kits that way. the hard part is going to be supporting the front differential as you are putting the drop brackets in. But, once you figure that out, the rest is pretty easy.

The other item that I will tell you that will be a PITA is the upper bolt on the driver's side for the control arms. When Ford built the trucks, the gas tank was not installed. So, the bolts got put in with the head of the bolt to the inside of the truck. Well, to put in the drop brackets to lower the arms, you need to pull this bolt out. You have 2 options. You can 1) drop the fuel tank to make room, or 2) cut the head of the bolt off, pull the shaft of the bolt out from the outside of the truck and then install the new bolt with the head of the bolt facing towards the outside of the truck.

I would also recommend the few days before doing the lift, crawling under the truck and squirting all the bolts for the suspension that you can find with some PB Blaster or other rust removing solution. Do not forget to spray the ends of the torsion bars too. TRUST ME!!!! This will save a lot of time, especially if you have driven the truck in an area where they put salt on the road.