Rear Door issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimjamie

Reaction score
Six months ago I parked my '13 sideways on a hill, then noticed a puddle of water on the ground. I found a rubber plug on the bottom of the left rear door. When I popped it out the water came out in a stream. I'm thinking the window seal is bad, but it doesn't look it. I'm worried that there is a constant puddle in the door now, as the plug is couple of inches above the bottom of the door. I left the plug out for now, not knowing how to fix the issue.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Six months ago I parked my '13 sideways on a hill, then noticed a puddle of water on the ground. I found a rubber plug on the bottom of the left rear door. When I popped it out the water came out in a stream. I'm thinking the window seal is bad, but it doesn't look it. I'm worried that there is a constant puddle in the door now, as the plug is couple of inches above the bottom of the door. I left the plug out for now, not knowing how to fix the issue.
It is natural for water to get inside the doors. There should be drain holes in the front and rear seam of the door where the sheet metal is folded. Make sure that those openings are free of debris so that the water can escape from the door.