Rear Entertainment System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

josiec

Reaction score
Has anyone who ordered a 2022 with RES received any info?

I ordered on 10/20 and haven’t received anything other than the confirmation email that day. I don’t know how the commodity restriction works/if they fill orders as they get parts?

bradley126

Reaction score
I placed my order for the 2022 Platinum Max HD Tow package, Star white, Carmelo interior, and 2nd row bench a few days ago (1/29/22). We had an issue when choosing the RES. The option for the RES appeared on the computer but it wouldn't allow them to click and add it to my order. I hope it becomes available during my build so I can add it. Im spending a lot of money on this and would be bummed if I miss out on getting the RES because of the dumb chip shortage. I just dont think the aftermarket tablets are up to par and would like everything synced with the latest sync 4 technology.

I have found out that Ford has made a deal with Amazon and will most likely be implementing them into the 2022s according to some tech forums/articles. I'm just not sure when they will start that process? Jeep Wagoneers currently have the Amazon Fire tablets. You can watch the YouTube videos to get an idea of what to expect Ford to do.

If anyone has any other insight regarding the RES availability, that would be great!

murrdawg50

Full Access Members
Reaction score
According to the updated order guide (2/1/22), the RES now says late availability. It did mention Amazon Firestick in the RES description so I’d say that was a correct assumption on the Amazon electronics outfitting the new expeditions. Now, how “late” is late availability? That’s the big question!

maxlim2022

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I placed an order a couple of days after the Ford started taking orders. I heard nothing on the availability, no VIN so far. Priority code was 19 on the order sheet beginning of Nov. Middle of last month I changed the color of my truck and the salesman told me I would drop from a priority of 1 at the time to 10 which is was I received on my new order confirmation sheet. No idea what the "priority code" implies in terms of proximity to production but even when I changed colors, I was not made aware of it having an impact on the RES I had previously ordered. I was also not offered about when order will be completed. I was told going from priority 1 to 10 might delay me about a month but not a word on possibly when. This is a limited 4x4 302A CCD RES truck. I fear I may be in a for a long wait...

murrdawg50

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Priority code 19 is a generic retail sale code for dealers. When they order a vehicle from Ford to sell on their lot, this the default code they go to. As far as the 1 to 10 priority codes, I’m not sure which is better or worse. I know there is supposed to be a way for the dealers to change the retail code of 19 to a special order code (which is probably 1-10). The sales manager at my dealer is a pretty young guy (probably close to my age anyways). That being said, I don’t think he has much experience inside the Ford order system and how to change stuff over to a special order from a retail order because he told me he couldn’t change it on his end from a retail order to a special order. I wanted to get it changed to special order so I can use the order number and VIN I got so i could use the Ford Tracking system to be able to track my vehicle’s production on my end. Apparently you can’t track your order as easily if the order is placed as a retail order rather than a special order.

Mxer0022

Reaction score
Retail order codes are 10-19 with 10 being highest priority and 19 being lowest. But it doesn't matter if your dealer doesn't have any other orders in for that vehicle. If your order is 10 and someone else's is 19 and they were ordered on the same day you'll get yours first. If they are bothe a priority 10 they'll come in first ordered. At least that's how I understood it.

Tgreen48

Reaction score
I ordered 10/19 with rear entertainment. My order is on hold for a restriction with priority code 01. No clue when it will get a scheduled. Ford doesn't tell the dealer anything so we're left completely blind. It's extremely frustrating.

mlogan

Reaction score
Clearly RES is causing issues/delaying VIN assignment. It seems like if you want RES, there's going to be a longer wait than those of us that have not chosen RES and have VINs and build weeks already.
I get why people want it and it can be convenient. However, my kids mostly use their tablets in our Chrysler Pacifica with RES - it's nice if you want to watch the same movie, but they just do their own thing on a tablet most of the time now anyway.

USKflt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I ordered in December it could no longer be added. I got extremely frustrated trying to figure out why but eventually had to order before my PCO expired. Now seeing delays for those that were able to add it earlier on, I’m glad I wasn’t allowed to.

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have found that it’s a lot of fun to have on College Football Game Day or March Madness playing on all screens when road-tripping to a game. Kind of gets everybody amped up on the way there. And then they can still mess around on the iPad or phone while watching TV at the same time. It’s like a mobile surround sound living room on wheels.

I also installed a direct HDMI input in my console, and a motion-lockout override, so we can watch up front too. (Naviks). Three screens in surround sound.