Rear hatch gate defeat switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rwinch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anybody put a rear hatch gate defeat switch into a '98? When I am tailgating or at the beach, etc., I like to have the hatch open, but ALL the lights come on and I have drained the battery a couple of times. I now just pull fuse #14 out from the interior fuse box, but that is just a pain. I would like to install a switch that defeats the hatch door/hatch window switches (just one I hope) so that I can just leave it open.

I believe Ford figured this out in the later models?????:confused:

G

I don't know and any exact switch for this but it would be simple to do all the same. Just buy any 2 way switch and wire it into the rear hatch switch and just mount it. More or less just cut the power to it. Just a thought

OP
OP
R

rwinch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks, but it actually has to go along the rear pillars, and not cut power, but mimic the closed status of both the rear window switch and door latch. What I have to do is figure out which side has the harness, the color code of the wires, and then put in a switch to simulate the door switches. I had hoped someone else had done it so I won't have to figure it out by myself (bein' lazy!!)