Rear Passenger Door Wont Open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trjc3rd

Reaction score
My 2007 Expedition EL drivers side passenger door won't open from the inside or outside. What causes this to happen? How easy/difficult is it fix?
I've read you need to take off the door panel, but how do you do that with the door closed? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2007 Expedition EL drivers side passenger door won't open from the inside or outside. What causes this to happen? How easy/difficult is it fix?
I've read you need to take off the door panel, but how do you do that with the door closed? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Power door locks?

Are you able to pull up / push down the lock knob? If power locks, does it go up or down when the switch is activated?

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
door won't open from the inside or outside.

Child lock? Look at the back door that you can open to see where the child lock is at to help disengage on the stuck door. The door should then open by pulling the interior handle.

OP
OP
trjc3rd

trjc3rd

Reaction score
If I understood you correctly, I can see what you're talking about by looking at the open rear passenger side door but, how do I get to that area in the drivers side passenger door that's closed? Plus, I don't use the Child lock at all. Does it sometimes engage itself when the door closes?

OP
OP
trjc3rd

trjc3rd

Reaction score
I found out what the problem was and I feel like an idiot for not noticing it from the get go. The cable was busted on the inside handle. I just need to order a new cable and I’ll be back to having a four door. Thanks to those who offered me some great advic.