Rear seat entertainment ok or a bust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A lot of that has to do with crash testing and heat requirements etc... The Roku has been a great addition. It has its own interface or it can be used as a cast device.

Vipersinu2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A lot of that has to do with crash testing and heat requirements etc... The Roku has been a great addition. It has its own interface or it can be used as a cast device.

AKentPhoto, knowing what I know now. i would not pay $60.00 for the pair of monitors.

I think Lincoln charge $2400.00 for this junk.

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah... the regulation side of car development is nowhere near the tech curve... Phone upgrade cycles have ruined us for what we come to expect. Usually what is coming out on new models is already 2-4 years old due to the time it takes to develop everything else. If you don't rely on them for anything other than being monitors they are great. Nice size... HD... Not much to complain about other than lack of audio out, but that is on the sync input side, not out on the monitor out side...

Vipersinu2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I seen in the developer options to turn on audio output,

But there are no speakers.

Maybe I can find the trace and solder in a 3.5mm jack.

TBaganATX

Full Access Members
Reaction score

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@Vipersinu2
Have you been able to get any other features out of the system by flashing the os? Are you using stock Android or another non Lincoln version of the os? Are you able to get any of the features on the non Lincoln version? Or did they take the extra hardware out as well? Built in fm transmitter would be killer.