Rear seat entertainment ok or a bust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it uses an RF remote so you can control from the front.

So it plays on the front screen too or do you just blindly hit buttons hoping you’re doing the right stuff?

What’s the difference now besides them bundling a $40 Roku stick and firecable with it?

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not much has changed... but I honestly haven't spent a ton of time messing with it yet. We are on a trip now but the rear seats are folded for the dogs. I'll have a lot of time this week to dig in.

No screen sharing up front. Play pause will be easy at least...

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Finally got a chance to spend some time with the Roku and it does really well with the built in Wifi. I just read it will function as a cast device so you can cast from any device on the network and control with your phone. Hopefully Lincoln's built in wifi firewall will play nice. I will have to try that out tomorrow...

20200420_160830-01.jpeg

20200420_163934-01.jpeg

20200420_164247-01.jpeg

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ordered a Navigator that will be here in about a month. I am having this installed. For all I can tell they are the same screens as the factory screens (made by Voxx) yet have a DVD player and touch screen and a built in FM transmitter as well as controllable by an app on your smartphone. The following link shows a bracket that has to be ordered for the 24 & 30 way perfect position seats. This does require drilling -- hoping this doesn't really screw up the seat, but we shall see. I'm hoping it's basically the same setup as the factory but we shall see. The screens are $1199 and the brackets are $300 total (plus taxes). Labor and install will likely be up to $1000. Sounds like $2500-2600 total, which is kind of ridiculous ... but our kids are young enough we want this kind of option over a couple of iPads. I will be the guinea pig and let you know how it turns out and whether it ends up being a big regret.

https://sc.voxxintl.com/docs/common/ADVSB10UHD/ADVSB10UHD_SELL_SH_LINCOLN.pdf

Zombie thread...sorry.

Did you have these installed? Who did the work? Are you pleased with them?

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dude, you used the ‘search’ feature and found a thread instead of starting a new one for someone to just link this one in... you deserve a reward, you don’t awe an apology lol

Haha...seeing as I feel like the “search ****” always linking to an existing, related thread when someone starts a new one, I figured it would be a bad look if I started a new one.

The only problem with zombie threads: the original crop of folks might be long gone. Not like us “old timers” who have been here since before this gen launched. (And the really old timers who have been here since Moses was in short pants...respect.)

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Haha...seeing as I feel like the “search ****” always linking to an existing, related thread when someone starts a new one, I figured it would be a bad look if I started a new one.

The only problem with zombie threads: the original crop of folks might be long gone. Not like us “old timers” who have been here since before this gen launched. (And the really old timers who have been here since Moses was in short pants...respect.)
Today I learned Moses had a 1st gen

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had these installed yesterday:

https://www.adventproducts.com/search/?sku=ADVSB10UHD

They are the same thing @Husker4theSpurs put in.

They are amazing and if you can get over the price (about $1600 installed), they are worth every penny.

They're full Android tablets so I installed Disney+, Netflix, HBOMax, etc. through the Google Play Store and will run everything off the vehicle hotspot ($20/mo for unlimited data). Included IR headphones as well as a built-in FM modulator. They also have a DVD slot. Either screen can play its own thing, or you can mirror one to the other.

The real selling point, however, is the app that allows my wife to mirror the screens on her phone; that allows her to run everything from the front seat without any interaction from the little gremlins in the back seat...no more gymnastics to see what's happening on the screen and get everything started. Quality is, as far as I can tell, excellent.

And, of course, unlike the factory system, when I sell the vehicle and move to something else, these will come with me to the new one. Because they are android tablets, they update OTA just like a regular tablet would, as do all of the apps. So they will stay "current" for longer than a factory system would.

Budwise

Reaction score
Question... Is this the OEM system or something aftermarket? I bought the car used a few months ago so I have no idea.

20200526_152037.jpg

20200526_152130.jpg

20200526_152023.jpg