Rear Sway bar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks man, I mean Deadman. I have been waiting for your review. I will be ordering one today. Next time you go out would you try sport mode and see how it acts with the stiffer shock settings? I hope there is no more waiting from Hellwig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBaganATX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I still have not had a chance to install mine.. I don't have any Jack's or crap at my house, and so damn busy to put on my lift at work.

Glad to hear it's stopped the leaning.. I still want to add the Bilstein 5100 to pair with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the review!
So you just did the rear bar? Does the whole truck feel more stable? Would you consider doing the front one or are you happy as is?

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't see any need for the front bar personally. I never had much issue with the front, it was always the rear that swayed and leaned like it was drunk. I'll get some miles on it eventually and I'll know more!
Its literally a 10 minute job once you find all your tools and jack it up! :)

Zig10

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got the sway bar installed yesterday and took the truck for a spin on some twisty back roads. Rear end definitely feels more planted in the turns, but the cabin also seems to "snap back" in a sharper fashion when the road undulates a little.

It's not a terrible sensation, but definitely noticeable.

Fingers crossed for my next long tow with the boat.

Zig10

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One other note to echo the comments above: Installation was incredibly easy and fast. I am shocked the Ford actually used the same sized nuts/bolts on the end links as they did the mounting hardware to the frame, so you don't even have to change wrenches.

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got the sway bar installed yesterday and took the truck for a spin on some twisty back roads. Rear end definitely feels more planted in the turns, but the cabin also seems to "snap back" in a sharper fashion when the road undulates a little.

It's not a terrible sensation, but definitely noticeable.

Fingers crossed for my next long tow with the boat.

Absolutely, that's what a sway bar is designed to do, it borrows spring rate from one side to the other, so in a sense it stiffens the rear spring rate. You might feel a touch more of the road imperfections, but the end of the sway is 10X more important to me. The rear springs were far too soft in my personal opinion anyway.