Rear Sway bar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bryz_expy

Reaction score
Is the general consensus to upgrade the end links in the front with the energy suspension links? My Expedition has almost 30k on it.

Energy Suspension 9.8121G End Link Set with Hardware https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CNB5J...abc_EQXZ4GCRKDPN3QB8KZWW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Is it worth discussing directly with Energy again and seeing if they can put a kit together specific to our vehicle without any modifications

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I contacted them and they didn't seem to eager to take that on. I just used the above mentioned kit and cut the sleeve a bit. Technically, I think you can get them on without cutting the sleeve, but you'll have to somehow compress the bushing a bunch to get the nut on. Maybe a ratcheting tie down or something? The bolt just wasn't long enough to get through all of the parts without it, so cutting sleeve gave me enough threads to grab onto. You might also be able to find a longer bolt, but then you may not have enough threads to crank it down far enough.

I liked that the energy setup has no moving parts really, and has bushings below and above each connective point. To be clear, I had no issues with the front factory end links, and I kept them just in case but I know a few folks have had theirs break after installing the new bars so I just wanted to avoid that while on the road if possible. Sad that the factory ones are that close to failure as is. One could argue enough force off road with a factory bar could like break those then.

But I believe even the Moog setup would work just fine as well, but I would only buy ones that move if they have zerks on them, to keep the clean and lubed.

I also talked to Hellwig about it, they didn't have any good ideas on end links and were pretty shocked to hear that some were breaking.

bryz_expy

Reaction score
Thanks 5280tunage. I may go the same route and use the kit you used. Whereabouts in Colorado are you? I’m in Parker (SE of Denver)

TexasDan

Reaction score
Hi folks. Got the sway bars on order. Curious if anyone knows the approximate length of them? (If they don't fit in the back of the Max with the lift gate closed, will have to work out another means of transporting them to a family member's house for the install.)

Also following the broken end links thread and recommended Moog part #'s. Curious if the Amazon comments (Moog K750074, Amazon B002FS6LD0) regarding the need to lubricate often to avoid squeaks is a widespread experience or fringe case. Any recommendations there?

"I must grease these Moog links every few hundred miles."

Thanks! Dan

Gillbrak

Reaction score
Hi folks. Got the sway bars on order. Curious if anyone knows the approximate length of them? (If they don't fit in the back of the Max with the lift gate closed, will have to work out another means of transporting them to a family member's house for the install.)

Also following the broken end links thread and recommended Moog part #'s. Curious if the Amazon comments (Moog K750074, Amazon B002FS6LD0) regarding the need to lubricate often to avoid squeaks is a widespread experience or fringe case. Any recommendations there?

Thanks! Dan

They’ll fit in the back no problem.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Thanks! Dan

While I cannot comment on these endlinks on the Expedition, I've used Moog on a Suburban and a Subaru. They had grease nipples. They didn't need lubricating that often, just did it when rotating the tires. If you don't have a decent grease gun, it can be a chore. When you do your oil change and tire rotation, you are doing your '21 point inspection' as well, right? :)

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
While I cannot comment on these endlinks on the Expedition, I've used Moog on a Suburban and a Subaru. They had grease nipples. They didn't need lubricating that often, just did it when rotating the tires. If you don't have a decent grease gun, it can be a chore. When you do your oil change and tire rotation, you are doing your '21 point inspection' as well, right? :)
Speaking of, I haven't really seen any zerks under these things. Are there any we should pay attention to?

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Speaking of, I haven't really seen any zerks under these things. Are there any we should pay attention to?

No they come with basic 1/2 ton junk components, so they are not grazable, so they are all worn out at 100,000 miles.

3/4 tons get the good greasable parts....

whizkid

Reaction score
Wife’s ‘19 had a horrible bounce and turned out that the shocks had all failed prematurely. Got them replaced under warranty. Still thinking about adding the rear bar though. My ‘17 rear bars came in but haven’t had time to put them in yet. Hoping to do it as soon as it warms up a bit. . .

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wife’s ‘19 had a horrible bounce and turned out that the shocks had all failed prematurely. Got them replaced under warranty. Still thinking about adding the rear bar though. My ‘17 rear bars came in but haven’t had time to put them in yet. Hoping to do it as soon as it warms up a bit. . .

The standard lower trim Shocks are all junk by 20,000 miles..... The sway bars aren't stopping any up and down bounce, they'e stopping the side to side movement as they borrow spring rate from the other side.