Rear wiper broke

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vankonk

Reaction score
Just upgraded using the info from this thread on my 16 EL limited. Bought off Amazon and took 5 mins to replace and it made a huge difference. Much better arm and wiper. Thanks for the info.

cvbrewer

Reaction score
Hey guys,
My factory arm is sagging down off the glass. I wasn't able to get it off to replace or realign. Was afraid to break the glass. If it is wedged on should I try a gear puller or something?
Thanks,
CV

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey guys,
My factory arm is sagging down off the glass. I wasn't able to get it off to replace or realign. Was afraid to break the glass. If it is wedged on should I try a gear puller or something?
Thanks,
CV

Spray the shaft with some WD-40 let it sit for a little bit.
Take a painters tool, A putty knife is too thin and flexible, slide between the arm base and the plastic area around the shaft area and wiggle it.
The arm will pop off and be pretty loud.

Warner ProGrip 5-in 1 Stiff Painters Tool, American Craftsman, 10971 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017PFD8OM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_SieDCb6X10FRR

I tried a putty knife but it flexed too much to get it to pop.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Spray the shaft with some WD-40 let it sit for a little bit.
Take a painters tool, A putty knife is too thin and flexible, slide between the arm base and the plastic area around the shaft area and wiggle it.
The arm will pop off and be pretty loud.

Warner ProGrip 5-in 1 Stiff Painters Tool, American Craftsman, 10971 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017PFD8OM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_SieDCb6X10FRR

I tried a putty knife but it flexed too much to get it to pop.

I used an Interior Clip remover like Dennis above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

fuzzmanmatt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've got a broken handle under that stupid arm, maybe I'll mess around with doing this while I have the thing off. That's good info to have!

Plati

Reaction score
2014EL
Ordered the AUTOBOO arm & blade for $16.66 (no tax or shipping) from the Evil Amazon
Needed arm because the "nut cover" had vanished & where the blade clips in … was broken

Just got it (order Saturday), took old one off with battery terminal puller & 1/2" wrench
Put new one on with a dab of blue Loctite … tightened it until I felt it was really tight
New "nut cover" snapped right on. Quality is great!
Easy Peasy

autoboo.jpg

wiper-arm-removal-tool-autozone-car-wiper-arm-puller-battery-terminal-bearing-removal-tool.jpg

Last edited: