rear wiper motor removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clayray

Reaction score
my wife backed out of the garage door and tore the arm off the rear wiper and pulled it out of place...trying to take off the panel to put it back into place, but don't want to break the plastic screws holding the trim on....any idea how to get it off...also, any idea on where to get a new arm for the wiper?....thnx alot everyone.

rwinch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The rear wiper motor removal is a breeze. I will post tomorrow a .pdf version of the maintenance manual instructions, bu they are as follows:

1) Remove the rear wiper (what is left of it)
2) Remove upper liftgate trim panel
- I just carefully pulled it off
3) Take off the assist strap on the tailgate (two screws)
4) Remove lower liftgate trim panel
- Again, I just carefully pull it off. Note, you can get a trim panel removel tool, which is just a fork like device that lets you get in behinf the plastic anchors to help pry at it, from on auto parts store.
5) Remove protective film
- be cafefull to keep it intact, as this keeps the moisture out
6) Remove motor by removing 3 nuts and the electrical connector.

The motor is about $80, with a ~35 core charge (from Ford), they do not make them new anymore.

Again, I will post better instructions tomorrow!

rwinch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As promised, find the instructions for removing the rear wiper motor attached. They are .pdf files.

Good luck

Attachments

• rear wiper.zip
    75.3 KB · Views: 1,179