Remote control only raises volume one notch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

postwick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bought a 2007 Expedition Eddie Bauer 4wd last week. It has the overhead rear entertainment system. I found a remote in one of the seat pouches, put batteries in it and it seems to work. Except when I press volume up it raises the front stereo volume one notch and won't raise it more. So I tried the buttons on the overhead itself, and the same thing happens. Is there a setting or something that limits it?

OP
OP
postwick

postwick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The front volume control is the master so you can go down to nothing or as high as the front is set to.

That's what I was afraid of. I get why, you don't want your kids blasting the volume from the back seat, but I wish it were a setting. That way when I'm outside the vehicle I could control it with the remote. I guess I could set the volume way higher in front than I need, then turn it down with the remote so I have more control from outside the truck.