Remote Range

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an 03 Expedition and find that the range on the keyless remote is plain horrible. I am practically on top of the car before it works. Yes I have changed the batteries. Do you 03 owners have the same problem?

G

same exact problem----the farthest i get is about 10 yards....beyond that it won't work....i too have tried new batteries....got to be the receiver in the car....don't know where it is though.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
10 yards? Thats great compared to me :( My windstar can be triggered from 1/2 a block away. Go figure

G

Funny... my description the last time I had ford look into the range of my remote (3rd time) was "Customer states that he has to be practically on top of vechicle for it to work" ... sound familiar...

BTW... Ford says there is nothing wrong, the remote works as it should (3 times)...

BikeRider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine works from about 50 feet max. This may sound weird, but a little trick we had when I was working at the audio shop installing alarms was to hold the remote to your chin. I was told that it uses your body like an antenna. I don't know why touching it with your fingers didn't work, but every time we tested the theory, it worked by putting it up there.

Burt

Reaction score
I have a friend with an '03 that he just bought a few months ago, and he has'nt said anything to me about it. I'll ask him soon.
FYI, I have a 1998 and remote works a couple hundred feet at least. This is also why my friend decided to purchase an Expedition.

monsta

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No problems here. TA least 50-75 feet away.

My Cadillac works like your truck. You gotta be almost sitting in the thing to make it work. :mad:

mm7759

Reaction score
I notice my remote range seems to be a lot less than my 2000 was. I also notice my Homelink range is not good at all. My Nissan will open the garage from at least 4 houses away....where the Expy has to at best right next door.

1999xlt

Reaction score
I got you all beat...Sometimes I actually have to get out of my Expy and touch the garage door with the remote. It is because there is a big steel girder in front of my openers. I am going to change them next year. Nothing sucks more than in the pouring rain not being able to open the garage door..........As far as the remote for the truck I have an alpine alarm and they are NOTORIOUS for lousy range (sometimes 5 ft or less). Sometimes I have be right on top. The stock remotes have an awesome range...................

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69