Remote start question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eagle72069

Reaction score
I apologize in advance if this has been answered before, I remember searching thru the Forscan post and seeing someone say they bought the key fobs with remote start on it and turned it on and had remote start. I have a 2017 XLT doe this mean all expeditions have the parts installed just need to get the correct key fobs program them and activate in forscan to get remote start?

RenegadeBad_Dog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I also have a 2016 Xlt and we have 100 degree days in the summer and and it gets down into the 20s in the winter. Remote start is something I plain on doing in the future and if I can get it without having to do to much I would love to know.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

RenegadeBad_Dog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am wondering if you go into forscan and it activates does that mean you have everything and just need the keys...Would be awesome to spend $50 instead of $250.
Yeah it would! I read on a f150 forum that somebody who had a family member working in a ford service center told them that the feature with already on his wife's Ford Explorer Sport. The tech unlocked the feature for them for free because they were family and the owner bought keys through a third party. But I don't know if we already have the built in equipment for remote start. Hopefully someone who has done it before can give some input.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is my understanding.
I’ll get around to having a key cut some day.

OP
OP
Eagle72069

Eagle72069

Reaction score
From what I can tell you need address 726-22-2 in the BCM module. If you don't have it you don't have all the parts installed you need. Well after market for me.