Remote starter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My EB(1999) has a yellow sticker on the air filter cover saying"this vehicle is equipped with remote controlled engine starter". Now when I bought it used the seller did not give me any indications or any remote starter. How can I find if it is equipped? And if so how can I get a remote?

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well there are a few different ways to tell if you have a remote start look on the battery and see if you got extra wires running off the battery, the other way is look and see if there is a hood switch under the hood and if so follow those wire and it should lead you to the remote start and then you can find the maker and get a instruction book and a remote from them if you truck does have a remote start

OP
OP
M

magic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks. I did it and found that though there is a switch under the hood the remote starter has been removed by the previous owner. Is it vey expensive to install one and do I have to get it done by a garage or is it possible to do it on your own?

thank you

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
there not to expensevie to have them installed it just depends on the brand you go with and how fancy of a unit it is. i mean i installed the one on my wifes car but it didnt have any anti theft stuff i am having one put on my truck and i think i was quoted 350 to tint the windows and put the remote start unit on