Remove Middle Row Middle Seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulthePaul

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to remove the middle seat in the second row? In the old (2017) Expeditions you could easily remove the middle seat. I am looking at a used 2018 and I like everything about it but it has bench seating, not buckets. I don't really need the arm rests so not concerned about that. I took a look and figured it was just bolts. But there is a wire harness hooked up to that seat.

Sgt Darkness

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to remove the middle seat in the second row? In the old (2017) Expeditions you could easily remove the middle seat. I am looking at a used 2018 and I like everything about it but it has bench seating, not buckets. I don't really need the arm rests so not concerned about that. I took a look and figured it was just bolts. But there is a wire harness hooked up to that seat.

Yep the wiring harness is for the heated seat, seatbelt, and for the motor that works to lay middle row down flat. If you want to use buckets in second row just reattach the wires (if buckets are the same as a Limited) and you're ready to go. Good luck!!

jboji

Reaction score
Yep the wiring harness is for the heated seat, seatbelt, and for the motor that works to lay middle row down flat. If you want to use buckets in second row just reattach the wires (if buckets are the same as a Limited) and you're ready to go. Good luck!!

Did you ever remove the middle seat from the 2nd row? I am looking to do the same.

Thx!