Removing air intake piece on 06 model

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

booksix

Reaction score
Yes, Boose, I just figured if I'm building something I'd like to keep that cooler air source... but we'll see if it's realistic!

jb14 - thanks. I'm not to worried about the MAF as I will only be modifying the system way upstream and outside the actual airbox (which will remain stock) - basically at the joint near the far left of the first image in this post (removing the silencer and replacing with tubing). I'm not actually buying any aftermarket system, just making room for a battery to run some in-cab electronics when on the road (engine off, deep cycle, etc) (Y)

Reaction score
i have a 06 ford expedition my question is I I remove the right side of the air cleaner tube where it goes into the fender would that help get more air power/fuel? And would it mess anything up?

Jb14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have done all of that with no change in performance in fact pulling the tube from the fender gets less cool air and creates more heat as you are pulling air from the engine compartment. The stock configuration is pretty efficient. Some may argue but real world no change. If you really want to create a few more HP then get a better breathing exhaust system, and if you want to use a cool air system (which is mostly more noise) then have your computer adjusted to accommodate.

SafariGoneWrong

Reaction score
The only downside to the air cleaner pipe picking up in the wheel well area is that it provides a nice path for vermin to get into the air cleaner plenum. Lots of chewed acorn shells in there…

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junker