Removing Courtesy (door) Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B

bedrck46

My 99 had the twist in sockets but my friends didn't but we intend to get some from the u-pick -It yard They are also on a lot of GM vehicles My 2001 also didn't have the twist in type that you could just insert a bulb into But it does now

OP
OP
QbanCgar

QbanCgar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
now let me ask you this. w/ these do you just remove the PC597 bulb, insert the 1/2 hole socket & the connect your LED 194 & BAM!!! or is there some other minor modification that needs to be done? & if i'm correct, the glove compartment bulb is a 194 as well?

Last edited:
B

bedrck46

correct in the overhead lights I haven't changed my glove box light yet but should just be a simple remove and replace

OP
OP
QbanCgar

QbanCgar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just ordered the 1/2 hole sockets & 5 194 LED bulbs to replace the dome, glove & license bulbs.

OP
OP
QbanCgar

QbanCgar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just got my sockets & LED bulbs today. hope to install 'em whenever i get off work today. will post pics once completed. now my license plates bulbs, will have to wait 'til the snow has stopped.

B

bedrck46

which color blubs are you using for the license plate for what I have been told any color but white isn't legal in PA but your in MD

OP
OP
QbanCgar

QbanCgar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
which color blubs are you using for the license plate for what I have been told any color but white isn't legal in PA but your in MD

oh i'm using white. no need to give 'em a reason to pull you over. also using the same for the glove compartment. i'm actually thinking of swapping out the LEDs that i installed in the 2nd row & rear cargo area for green LEDs. my 2 year old will get a kick out of them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
QbanCgar

QbanCgar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well, i put 'em (dome lights) in yesterday & i realized 2 things...1) i didn't need the 1/2 GM sockets b/c i i don't know what i was thinking, i just the existing sockets i had in there. & 2), i am going to need the longer 194 bulbs. i ordered the flush mount 194s & noticed they aren't as bright as i thought they would be. nonethelss i'm content w/ the look.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edyk1986