Removing Courtesy (door) Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B

bedrck46

i'm assuming they don't offer the dome lights (PC579...in between driver & passenger side) in an LED bulb? i guess one would have to cut & then rewire some LEDs themselves?

those dome lights have two types of lamp holders one you have to wire in and the other type you just insert a lamp like on the door panels You can find the lamp holders on e-bay or find them in some fords or GM's in a junk yard I did them in what you did in green I did in blue I also got some 18 inch led strip lights and mounted under the dash in order to light the floor am planning to do the same for the 2nd row seats

I'll see if I can post a pic to give you an idea.

OP
OP
QbanCgar

QbanCgar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
cool, i'll check on ebay to see if i can find the ones you're talking about. the ones i have in now are the bulb insert that you screw in. i figured i would have to do a small modification to get the LED effect in my Dome light.

B

bedrck46

if you have the ones that you insert a bulb into and then just re-inset the lamp holder with a slight twist then you can use the same size led bulb that you used in the door panel the base on the 579 is about the same on the 94 bulb

B

bedrck46

Pics attached also the strip lights are 12 inches not 18 inches

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
QbanCgar

QbanCgar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if you have the ones that you insert a bulb into and then just re-inset the lamp holder with a slight twist then you can use the same size led bulb that you used in the door panel the base on the 579 is about the same on the 94 bulb

are you referring to these lamp holders

Lamp Holders.jpg

OP
OP
QbanCgar

QbanCgar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i think i found the ones i need to get. i seen these a few times while i looked on here, but never REALLY paid any attention to the detail of installing the lights w/ that adapters.

LED dome lights.jpg

B

bedrck46

none of those but the first set are close What I am referring to does not have the wires attached

Go to e-bay and paste the following in search

6pcs GM 1/2 Hole Twist In Instrument Panel Dash Light Bulb Socket 194 168 Wedge

B

bedrck46

Ultra Blue 1.72" 42mm 4-SMD-5050 211-2 578 LED Bulbs For Car Interior Lights

2 PC Xenon 578 211-2 212-2 FESTOON SUPER BLUE DOME MAP LIGHT 4-SMD LED BULBS

Got those off of e-bay They have them in green also

OP
OP
QbanCgar

QbanCgar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ultra Blue 1.72" 42mm 4-SMD-5050 211-2 578 LED Bulbs For Car Interior Lights

2 PC Xenon 578 211-2 212-2 FESTOON SUPER BLUE DOME MAP LIGHT 4-SMD LED BULBS

Got those off of e-bay They have them in green also

yeah i have the festoons in my rear & sides (rear passenger/driver's side), but my dome are the twist bulbs (PC579s). i will order a set of these & see if the twist in socket work.

Last edited: