Replaced Door actuator now door won't open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeltonaExp

Reaction score
I am stumped!!
I purchased a new rear drivers side actuator from ebay and replaced it. Now the door wont open. I tested it prior to install and it was working fine. I see the little stick at the top of the door move up but then down slightly when unlocking and even tried to pull it up and hold it up by hand to open the door from the outside. Just in-case I may have place the child locks on, but the door will not open at all! I am hoping someone can guide me in how to get this thing open. The only good part is I didn't put the panel back on because i wanted to make sure it was still working prior to putting the panel back on. I even tried to reach in and push the little knob that moves up and down when locking and unlocking the doors but the thing will not open. And to top it off now the other doors actuator has stopped working! So we have to make the kids climb in from the front doors.

HELP!

B

bedrck46

almost sounds like you need to adjust the linkage or you didn't get it fully connected

If and when you do get the door open check the operation by using a screw driver to push the latch to a locked position You can do this without shutting the door and then try to unlock and see what happens You may have to do this several times till you get it right

You will need to push the lock latch to the locked position The using the outside door handle us the screw driver to open the latch Make sure child locks are in the off position

Last edited by a moderator:

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you don't know how the latching mechanism works take the other passenger door panel off. Look inside at how things work. This next step is very important so don't screw it up. Don't do anything except look at how it works, don't take anything off or apart on that door. It is your guide. Once you see how things work you will be able to see how the latch unlocks and unlock/open the other door.