Replacement Bulbs - Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the sudden youre an optometrist now

Not worth it arguing with you. My lighting works for me

All that matters is that your happy with your LEDs. I’m happy with halogens Andy and gixer like HIDs. Jesus. In short, buy a good brand and make sure they are Aimed correctly. All there is to it.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gixer facts and common knowledge are going to fall on deaf ears here, well for one user, not worth your time.

MtnBiker

Reaction score
gixer facts and common knowledge are going to fall on deaf ears here, well for one user, not worth your time.

Do you recommend one halogen bulb brand over another? My 2012 bulbs are up for replacing as they don't seem to be throwing as much light anymore. Don't halogens degrade over time?

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Do you recommend one halogen bulb brand over another? My 2012 bulbs are up for replacing as they don't seem to be throwing as much light anymore. Don't halogens degrade over time?
Osram Night breaker or Phillips X-treme vision. Most seem to prefer the Phillips but the Osram is a close second

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Over time, halogens blacken with age as the metal atoms in the filament deposit themselves on the interior surface of the glass. Check your lenses on your 2012 for clouding, as this could also cause the light reduction that you are talking about. I don't have any recommendations on halogens. I don't know the laws in Canada but you may want to consider installing HIDs depending on the the type of headlight on your 2012 as they will give you a lot more light.

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Maybe I am.... But this is factual information and proven by others not by me. If your lighting works for you then that's fine

You've proven nothing. You come on here and think what you post is gospel or fact and provide no proof or anything to backup what you say.

Isnt it a little odd that almost all automobile manufacturers are going with LEDs. HID is a dead technology

WTF!!!! Dude who are you to come on here and make a comment like that basically calling me stupid??? You say in one post if the lights work for you great then turn right around and say I lack common knowledge. I just don't understand how me saying I like my LEDs and they work for me invites attacks from you and Gixxer calling me stupid and saying I have bad eyesight etc etc.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Phillips are supposed to be good as gixer said. And like Andy said if your lenses are fogged that greatly reduces the light they put out. It seems our style headlight assemblies (07-14’) work better with halogens than the newer ones. My halogens light up the road great but ours have reflective housings instead of projectors. Andy what brand HID did you buy?

Last edited:

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You've proven nothing. You come on here and think what you post is gospel or fact and provide no proof or anything to backup what you say.

Isnt it a little odd that almost all automobile manufacturers are going with LEDs. HID is a dead technology
The new vehicles have head lights that are specifically designed for LEDs to focus and concentrate the light so you get maximum benefit from the LEDs. The current stock head lights don't optimize for LED because the reflectors aren't shaped for that light pattern. If you are happy with them that is all that matters. For me, I would rather run LEDs but I could not find any that produced the kind of light that I was looking for so I'll run HIDs. My wife's 2017 Escape Titanium has HID head lights.