Replacement key

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
If you EXPY, has a aftermarket remote start, you may have a key, zip tied, under the steering column. This is done to defeat the PATS security system.

Last edited:

Jon1985

Reaction score
I bought two replacement Keys from eBay they even have the ford logo on them . Think is cost me like $24 for two I have the two factory keys so I didn’t have any issues at all I work at Home Depot so I cut the keys myself for free lol . Very easy to program if you have the two original keys .

Old Guy

Reaction score
I just went thru this after loosing my spare key and having only one key. In the Expeditions, IF you have two working keys, there are instructions in the ford owners manual to program other keys. If you do not have two, the locksmith can erase all keys and program new ones. Things to look for when ordering keys on the internet: There is a "code: on the keys shaft, such as "s", "SA" etc. You Must get the same code kay. The locksmith must grind the new key(s) in either case.
The key fobs, at least in mine, are programmable by the owner and is easy. If all else fails, read the owners manual.
Yes, I ordered the keys and remote from Amazon, and a locksmith did the rest.
BTW, my locksmith charged $60 to program and grind 3 keys, at his shop. However, we are in Florida....

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
I bought two replacement Keys from eBay they even have the ford logo on them . Think is cost me like $24 for two I have the two factory keys so I didn’t have any issues at all I work at Home Depot so I cut the keys myself for free lol . Very easy to program if you have the two original keys .
The EBAY keys work fine. I bought several over the years. Search 'PATS II ford keys'. Make sure key in photo looks like yours. I paid $9 for two blank chip keys. I had mine cut a my local Valu home center(free).